A number of topics for steering groups already have been launched: see the list under the taps
We now are looking for volunteers that would like to start one of the proposals
If you would like to take the inititiative, please contact us
Ideas and proposals
The following proposals for thematic steering groups have reached us, but haven't yet been activated.
Anybody interested in co-ordinating or joining one of the the following topics or proposals ?
Please contact our secretariat
- industrial tourism
- adaptive re-use of industrial buildings
- worker's villages and company towns
- training of volunteers in industrial and technical heritage
- young people and industrial and technical heritage
- the production of mill stones, mill stone quarries
- setting up a network of historic breweries and brewery museums
- conservation and re-use of railway stations (this should be a good topic for the 2021 European Year of Rail)
- saving and adaptive re-use of thermal power stations
- canals and their heritage
- restoration principles and conservation-restoration practice of industrial and technical heritage
- industrialisation and mechanisation of agriculture
Why not set up regional steering groups, for example to develop co-operation between the industrial heritage organizations in the Mediterranean or the Northsea-area ? Or on topics which aren't yet popular (as the industrial heritage of the chemical or non ferrous metals industries) ?
Any other ideas ???
>> please contact our secretariat ASAP !